In March 1944, the Dalmatia area was in desperate need of 3.50 Kn postage, the normal supply having been interrupted by the war. To fill this need, Italian issues of 1929 were taken to a Šibenik printer, where they were overprinted “N.D. HRVATSKA Kn. 3.50”.
The stamps were printed in 10×10 sheets, and were issued for use on 15 March 1944.