During the Warsaw Uprising of 1944, the Polish Scouts began a postal service within Warsaw to facilitate communication within the city. The service was eventually taken over by the Polish Home Army (AK). It was during the Home Army period that postage stamps were issued for the service.
In August 1944, the Polish Government in Exile authorized the Army Postal Service to commission this stamp for use in Warsaw. The stamp was never issued for use, however.
The stamp depicts insurgents fighting a German tank, with the date “1 VIII 1944” and “POCZTA POLOWA” (Postal Service).
It can be found in 6 shades of pink / red. Pale brown proofs also exist.