From approximately August 1910 until September 1914, Smyrna used a rubber canceller to cancel stamps attached to the raisin sample packages. These Symrna box cancels, or Rosinenstempel, are commonly found on MiNr 24-52, and are rare on piece.
To remedy this imbalance, the German Postal Administration began issuing stamps in exchange for Francs, and on 8 August 1908, produced this issue with overprint in the French currency.
Shown below are the stamps of the GermanStamps.net Collection on the physical album pages.
The North German Postal District opened the first post office in Constantinople on 1 March 1870. In January 1872, the Reich Post Office assumed responsibility for the office, and began establishing other post offices throughout the Ottoman Empire.