Post-Catapult Era Supplementary Flights to Bremen

Catapult Post

Catapult service on the Bremen and Europa ceased in 1935 due to the introduction of mail service on the airship Hindenburg (LZ-129) in 1936.  However, supplementary flights from Köln to Cherbourg, with the mail being loaded onto Bremen and Europa at that location, continued until 1939. 

This mail was never transported by catapult flight, but is typically catalogued alongside catapult mail due to the fact that it was a continuation of the same supplementary flight and ship transport services as during the catapult era, but without the final leg being by catapult flight.

As during the catapult era, mail transported in this manner carries a supplementary flight cachet.

Supplementary Flight Cachet