On 16 December 1914, the Commonwealth forces occupying the German Marshall Islands issued their first overprinted stamps.
In March 1898, private versions of the 1897 Overprint Postal Stationery became available for use.
The 1917 / 1918 postal stationery are similar to other Yacht designs, but feature a vertical line down the middle of the card, with text in German and French.
In 1901, the Marshalls began using postal stationery of the new design depicting Kaiser Wilhelm II’s yacht, the Hohenzollern II. The postcards were first available in Berlin in December 1900.
Proof printings of P12 and P14 were produced, and feature a shorter third address line (56mm vice 60mm) and a longer fourth address line (74mm vice 70mm) than the standard P11-P14.
These overprints from 1899 show the change from “Marschall” to “Marshall” spelling.